Wednesday 26 May 2010

Week beginning 19/04/10

19/4/10 -
Today the pitch was on the agenda, and had alot of ideas to what to include within the pitch, and our specific roles within the pitch. I was to take care of the overall idea and narrative structure. The focus of the documentary has still on bit decided. Whoop-e-doo.

20/04/10 -
THE FOCUS IS DECIDED. The Xbox 360 VS PS3 idea that Beth and Ian have been banging on about relentlessly has been decided as the focus due to the relevance today. I would've prefered to do the Retro VS Modern idea as while it may be a niche market, it could've been more developed and interesting but oh well, roll with the punches. I've begun the script now the idea is complete. Still just basic ideas.

21/04/10 -
I looked at the narrative structure for the pitch, The overall question has been decided. I've also written a detailed synopsis.

22/04/10 -
We looked at documentaries again to compare to our own ideas, mainly the visual ideas and how the presenter acts and brings the overall feeling to the documentary in the script and transitional scenes. This gave the me the idea as well my analysis of Charlie Brooker's Gameswipe to follow a similar direction. I also looked at Games Britannia which has interesting ideas within its links to interviews.

23/04/10 -
Put the intro clip of Gameswipe onto the presentation. The Pixelated Avatars remind me of a project I did in Broadcast day called ''In-Game Revolution''. I asked my friend Kevin Haynes to put them together. Must ask him to see if he can do something similar for the documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment